Sport Premium Funding
The London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games gave us an opportunity to inspire the nation to enjoy sport. It highlighted the fact that sport should be an important part of every child’s education. The Government is determined to secure a significant and lasting legacy from the games, and to develop children’s enjoyment of sport and physical activity from an early age. As a result schools are given additional funding to provide high quality PE and sports provision.
We use the funding we receive to focus on the five key indicators as outlined by the Government and provide additional opportunities for our children to enable them to achieve well in these focus areas:
- Key indicator 1: The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity
- Key indicator 2: The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- Key indicator 3: Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- Key indicator 4: Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- Key indicator 5: Increased participation in competitive sport
We complete a detailed Sports Premium Analysis each year, capturing our key achievements to date and areas for future development. We link this directly to the five key indicators as detailed above.
Please below to see a copy of our current Sports Premium Report